Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Filterless freedom

I spent a lot of yesterday angsting to three of my closest girlfriends about my lack of filter, nowadays. I used to be eloquent, able to put my point across without being too offensive, unless I wanted to be, to pause before I spoke and reframe my words so as not to cause offence. I don't seem to be able to manage that just now.

I had a long conversation with Ali, to arrange the deliver of Giles' magic 3 Wood, without which Tim doesn't stand a chance in this very friendly, non-competitive golf game. She soothed, reassured and loved me. So did Tiff, armed with amazing macaroons from Paris. And Hills for tea. Thanks Clan. I get that it is my choice and life really is too short but more importantly, thanks for listening and, most importantly, laughing uproariously. 

Glad to know that even when I am being offensive, I am still funny….

No comments:

Post a Comment