Search This Blog

Friday 1 November 2013

A great blog from Kartini

Julie O Toole, of the Kartini Clinic, has produced an all timer here with her description of an Eating Disorder in young children.

I want to ram this up the nose of the Ayr CAMHS team.  I want them to read it and understand it and digest it and see what terrible terrible harm they have done to MiS' daughter through their own ignorance and pig-headedness.  As more horror stories begin to seep out from the underneath the blanket of sanctimony that Dr J and Dr C have spread over their inadequate efforts to treat children with serious mental health problems, I am hoping that the fire we have lit will not be put out.  They are bullies.  They need to be treated as such. Their Duty of Care is, IMHO, non-existent (the whole "exposed to your activities" thing sends shudders down my spine) and their Negligence ("The core idea of negligence is that people should exercise reasonable care when they act by taking account of the potential harm that they might foreseeably cause harm to other people."), in the case of MiS is glaringly obvious to even the most "uneducated in eating disorders" person on the planet.  And this psychiatrist and psychologist both have a degree, so ignorance should be no defence.

MiS' d is seriously ill.  Seriously ill and we are lucky to have finally got her the treatment she should have had nearly 3 years ago.  From Ayrshire and Arran NHS Trust, there is still no word on the first letter of complaint, let alone the second.  An utter disgrace.  However, another department, upon whom the CAMHS team are trying to heap the blame and responsibility (now, there's a surprise!), have written back and explained the procedure surrounding the Child Protection Hearings. At least there is one department who has a conscience.

I have got to the point in my life where I just need to say it like it is and stop being polite to people.  I had two phone calls on Wednesday which really pissed me off.  The first was one of those ones from the Indian sub-continent, where I was informed that the caller was from Microsoft and there was a problem with my email.  If I could just give him the password, he would sort it out for me.  The second was from a girl who informed me that I was entitled to compensation for an accident I had been involved in in the past two years and if I would just like to give her my bank account details....

I said the same to both of them.

"I am 48 years old.  I am dying of cancer.  You want to scam me out of my money or use my email account to sell something.  Do you feel like scum?  You should do."

I want to say to the Ayr CAMHs, Doonfoot Road, Ayr, team

"You have taken away nearly 3 years of a child's life, put her family through hell, wrongly accused her mother of a raft of baseless accusations (including the utterly ridiculous Muchausens by Proxy!) and nearly killed the patient, because of your arrogance and ignorance.  Do you feel like scum?  You should."

Rant over......

1 comment: