Search This Blog

Saturday 12 October 2013

Back to normalish

Wandering around at 3 am, having absorbed a programme about how much the world has changed in the last 20 years, with the intrawebz and computers, I am catching up on quilting and the Rule of Thirds.  Don't ask but it involves paper, pencil, patient explanation and the outcome is that I am an optimist.  There's a surprise.

So I was up and about to receive a lovely email about an initiative launched in the USA to raise funds for Charlotte's Helix.

http://www.tfund.com/CharlottesHelix

It only runs until the 1st November.  As always, I am immensely flattered and humbled about how wonderfully kind and generous people are and how willing my fellow Parent Advocates are to raise money for an important cause.  Thank you, SR, for picking up the ball and running with it.  It means SO much to me (and Laura, Cindy and all the others involved with this project).  It also gives me hope that, with such a wonderful team of dedicated parents, the ANK25 project will snowball across the world and we can get some answers for future generations.  Whilst we are on the whole genetic thing, this came out yesterday.

If you are not signed up for the latest Helix news, here's an update.  I am really excited to think that we have raised enough money for 75 people in the UK to have a DNA test.  Please sign up for email if you want to be one of those 75 people.

One of the downsides of my wonderful new kettle is that it is ceramic.  So I can no longer touch it gingerly to see if it hot enough and it has very small dials and I didn't look at the light sabre gauge on the bottom so managed to make myself a cold cup of tea this morning.  Bleuch.

I have a quiet morning - HWISO is out and Em not back until this afternoon, so I shall immerse myself in constructive projects - like dozing, having a long bath and sorting out more photos.  Bliss.


Trouble......





No comments:

Post a Comment