Search This Blog

Saturday 24 August 2013

A whistle stop tour round my life

I have been up most of the night because of Uhu.  I love him.  Honestly I do.  I just wish he would understand the correlation between eating loads of plums and having a tummy that sounds like a Boeing 747 on full spin cycle and the constant need to poo.

About 4 am, I gave up going back to bed and chatted with my friend, B, in Australia, about best ways to clean labrador vomit from the corner of a carpeted room.  You see, I am an intellectual!

Meanwhile, HGG's partner (Equally Heavenly Partner) has been keeping me abreast of G's stay in France.  Wonderful photos keep popping up on my phone and she seems to have settled into South of France life remarkably quickly.  She, on the other hand, keeps texting me list of things to remember to do whilst she is away....

Another rainy day so HWISO will be home.  Feel for him....

This pain management thing really works.  It is quite extraordinary how much easier life is to stick to a routine of taking the meds before the pain gets bad, rather than being stoical and waiting to take meds until the pain becomes unbearable.  Clever Lisa.....

The hubris surrounding GCSE results is slowly dying down.  Some winners and some losers.  And a lot of remarking going on.  

Em made me take off my t-shirt before shopping yesterday.  She said it was undignified for someone of my age to go around with FUCK on my chest.  I would have argued but suspect that I know, deep down, she is right.  I DID wear it to the Post Office in Haughley, yesterday - loving that the Postmistress (quite the most glamorous lady!) reads my blog - but entirely forgot why I had really gone to the Post Office, which was to pick up new passport forms for Em.  Chemo brain really kicks in at inconvenient times.

Chemo next week and a scan in September to see how it's all looking.  I am getting better at picking things out on a grainy grey screen but should perhaps brush up a bit on my anatomy before then.

Another inspirational picture for the great Colleen...



and a SoF with HGG, taken by EHP piccie....coz she's too far away to shout at me....


1 comment: