Search This Blog

Sunday 14 July 2013

The morning after

Note to yesterday's blog:  The WEST, not the Mid West - something to do with rainfall...

I can't thank everyone enough for their cards and their presents and their messages.  I had a wonderful day and am now the proud possessor of an Infinity bracelet from B, E and J, a Kitchen Aid kettle that lights up and pings and makes really good tea, an iPad, flowers, wine, Parks and Recreation Seasons 1-4, chocolate and massaging slippers (No, Really!) and had a wonderfully happy lunch in the garden with J and H, Lottie, G and two friends of theirs.  S is "on Ramadan" so couldn't eat but made up for it in serious banter.  He spent lunch trying on G's impossibly glamorous Gucci sunglasses, inherited from her impossibly glamourous grandmother.





He Da Bomb.....


Our Man in Havana.....or rather St Vincent....appears to be called Gerald and is hopefully going to get Em sorted out with a new (expensive!) passport tomorrow so she can fly back on Tuesday night.  The upside - and yes, there always is an upside - is that she gets a more "updated" photo on her passport and no longer has to travel with a cute reminder of her 14 year old self....

Not that the same can be said for the other idiot in the family.  Big bruv, Tim - it's fine to have a mid-life non-crisis and buy yourself a motor bike, even if it is a ridiculous colour.  It is, indeed, a salutory lesson to come off it on a hair pin bend and duff up your knee.  It is NOT alright not to clean your "amazing graze" thoroughly - ask Rod McClymont.....

I am feeling really quite well, despite no steroids this morning.  I am sure it had something to do with coming down in the middle of the night for a second helping of H's Bannoffee Pie.  How can anyone make a pudding that good without a recipe, I just don't know but man, oh, man, it tastes divine at 11pm by the light of the open fridge.

The downside of chemo (apart from the blown veins thing) is the thinning of the skin.  As you can see from the above picture, we were in the shade.  I was doubly protected by the Mulberry tree and a parasol but still managed to burn my face.  I am not used to treating myself as a pale skinned red-head and loathe the greasiness of suncream.  I think I shall put on larger sunglasses and hope no one notices.

Dog Lovers Trick of the Day.  If there is no water for a labrador to play in, a barley field is an excellent substitute.




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16 July, 2013

    Re sunscreen, don't know if you can get this across the pond but I swear by Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer 50 spf with helioplex. Wore it every day of my hike across England last September and never burned. Let me know if you'd like me to send a tube of this stuff along to you. It's not greasy at all. It also doesn't do the yucky flake thing, either. -- Jennifer, in Tucson AZ

    ReplyDelete