Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Tea Time

Harvest is very late this year so for the first time ever, HWISO is not driving a tractor or admiring the combine in some distant field but home, pool-side during this glorious spell of sunshine we are having.

It is nice to have him home and nice to see him relaxing in the sun.  He is, however, of the old school and secretly believes that you don't go brown unless you burn first.  He sops to me by slathering himself in suncream but doesn't get the "Factor 30" thing at all and thinks this means he can lie out all day, plopping in and out of the pool.

So the point of this ramble.....

I have just met up with my very own little cooked prawn in the kitchen.

"I think I'm going to stop, have a cup of tea and watch some TV" he says, as he always says at the end of a busy working day - trying to elicit sympathy for how hard he's been working whilst I have lain on the sofa watching movies and eating chocolates.  "I need a break."  Deep sigh of self-sympathy.

I look at him, one eyebrow raised.

"A break from sunbathing by the pool, perhaps, my treasure?"

Sheepish grin......

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous09 July, 2013

    I hear you. Tell him I said his cows are fabulous, and to mind the sunscreen,
    dammit. And you should know that I've spent hundreds of hours since my teen years working on raising one eyebrow far enough that others can tell it's raised--with minimal results. This is a skill I truly need. If you have any training exercises for this, will you please let me know? --M.

    ReplyDelete