Search This Blog

Monday 15 July 2013

Surreal

Laura has landed safely with us, in the sticky heat of a humid afternoon.  We sat by the pool drinking tea and it seems like she has always been here and is part of the family.

We have talked and talked, veering wildly between different subjects, not pausing for breath but with gentle silences at times.

It seems very natural but I keep having to pinch myself.

Just to keep my feet firmly on the ground, after Laura had tucked me up in bed, I got a text from G asking me to pick her up from a camping party really early this morning, so am on my 2nd cup of tea and wondering if anyone will notice if I go in my new pyjamas.

Perhaps if I wear my new hat, from lovely Lianna, everyone will be too transfixed to look down....




1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about what is written on your PJs and it reminds me of a time when we were first in Brisbane...Olivia was a very posh school and he went to get her from a friends.

    He came home and said "I think I made a good impression" - I then had to remind him that he had a semi trailer picture on his t-shirt with the caption "mother trucker" below it.

    ReplyDelete