Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Treatment Update



New chemotherapy regime, as the last one nearly killed me.  I was supposed to start on Friday and had the clippers all ready for tomorrow evening for this.  My drugs are prescription steroids and some pain  killers which worked on the pain and sent me to sleep, but gave me serious muscle twitches, which woke me up.  I "fell down a hole" 14 times in my sleep, waking me up rather abruptly.  They are now off my prescribed list!

I have opted for a different regime, a weekly dose, rather than one every three weeks.  My reasoning is that, if I am allergic to this lot too, the lower dose is less likely to kill me instantly.

So 9 long weeks of chemo, a week off and then a CT scan to see how we are doing.  Followed by another 9 weeks of the same.  Not sure I am entirely looking forward to it.This means that my chemo actually starts on Tuesday 26th March, rather than the day after tomorrow.

In the meantime, the steroids are making all the difference and I have begun to emerge from a pain filled hole and start to do some exercise (walking the dogs) and even managed to clear up the teenagers' rooms today.  ( I am normally a "Tip 8" person!).  Onwards and upwards.

3 comments:

  1. Onwards and upwards....you are in my thoughts all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And mine too, dear Charlotte. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you. Don't take any nonsense from those cancer cells - give 'em heaps and send them packing! Best wishes.

    Martine xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete