Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Should I write a best selling book on how to?

I knew that I had lost a bit of weight, so I got on the scales this morning (first time since Christmas) to discover that I had a lost a lot of weight.  A scary amount in a relatively short time.

To those of you whose immediate reaction is either "That's fantastic" or "Well Done", I have only one thing to say to you.

Sod Off

The longer version goes something along the lines of:

"My diet?  Oh, let's see.  Unbelievable stress, family upheavals, my mother dying, me having cancer, crappy self-care over the last 6 months, giving up the booze entirely, because it makes me nauseous (sob!), losing 100ml of blood and fluid every day into my shoulder drain, a major operation.  That about covers it."

Rapid weight loss is not something to be applauded or congratulated.  It is a sign of a physically or mentally unhealthy status.

And if anybody dares to even think "Lucky you, you can eat what you want", I always have.  I have never been on a diet and I have never not eaten something because it is "bad" for me.  I have maintained a weight that is within healthy parameters for my height for over 30 years now.

How's that for radical?

No comments:

Post a Comment